When using multiple forms of technology, both inside and outside the classroom, it is beneficial to create a centralized web space for students to view outside of class.
A course Web site provides a single location for students to check when reviewing study notes, completing assignments, checking due dates or downloading files.
The portfolio should include either a link or at least one screen capture, from the course Web space.
Course Web Space Options
- Canvas at Penn State
- ANGEL Course Management System
- Sites at Penn State
- Personal or departmental Web space
- Blogs and wikis
- Combinations of ANGEL and External material
- Other online spaces
Note on External Blogs and Wikis
Showing advertising in online course materials is a violation of Penn State Policy A.D. 08. Note that free services are more likely to display advertising than paid services.
Course Site Contents
Most course Web sites include:
- Syllabus (course policies, contact information, required materials)
- Class Schedule
- Links to online discussion boards and quizzes
- External Links
- Uploaded Files
- Other relevant content