Note: These instructions are written for the 2012 theme. The process is similar for other themes, but selection options may be different.
In the 2012 Theme you can set your home page to either display your blog entries or be static. To do that:
- Create and save a page which will display the content of your home page.
- Enter your site following the instructions to Edit your a Portfolio Site.
- In your site’s dashboard, click Appearance in the left menu and select Customize.
- In the Customize window, click Static Front Page in the right menu to open the options.
- Select the radio button for either Your latest posts (to display your blog) or A static page.
- If you select A static page, a menu appears which will allow you to select a page to display as your home page.
- Click the Save and Publish button when your options are set.
- Click the Close button to exit the Customize page.
- Click the View Page button view the page on the live site.