One of the most important uses of educational technologies is to communicate with or provide information to students outside the normal class session. Communication options include two-way methods such as e-mail, chat rooms and discussion boards and one-way methods such as announcement pages, posted files and syllabi.
The portfolio should include a detailed description of the technologies used with screen captures whenever possible. Reflections of what worked or what needs improvement can also be added.
These allow students to respond directly to the instructor or to another student.
- Sites at Penn State – blogs and comments
- Yammer – Social communication network for Penn State with group
- Voicethread – Discussion tool with video options
- Adobe Connect – video chat, file sharing
- E-Mail (ANGEL or Penn State)
- Chat (ANGEL chat, Breeze (Adobe Connect), Instant Messenger)
These allow instructors to send information to the student.
- Announcement on ANGEL, Blogs at Penn State page or other news page
- Podcasts and recorded video
- Posting lecture notes, readings, syllabus, links, study guides, library guides
- Grade Reports
- ANGEL Course Calendar and Milestones
- Other ANGEL reports sent to students