Note: These instructions are written for the 2012 theme. The process is similar for other themes, but selection options may be different.
Change Colors and Other Settings
- Enter your site following the instructions to Edit your a Portfolio Site.
- In your site’s dashboard, click Appearance in the left menu and select Themes.
- Click the Customize link beneath the description of your current theme.
Note: This page also allows you to change themes.
- In the Theme options window you can change Colors (background and header), Site title and Tagline, Background Image and other options.
- Click the Save and Publish button when your options are set.
- Click the Close button to exit the Customize page..
Word Press themes do not just change formatting but add or subtract functionality. We recommend and support the Twenty Twelve/Twenty Ten themes because they are optimized for a small portfolio site. However, if you are interested in learning more about the functionality of WordPress, you may wish to explore other themes. A variety of ITS sites are built on the PageLines theme.
If you want more control over your formatting, you may want to learn more about CSS stylesheets.