The Teaching with Technology Certificate (TWT) is a non-credit certificate showing that an instructor or teaching assistant has demonstrated the innovative use of technology in teaching. In this program, certificates are awarded by individual departments based on both educational and subject matter criteria.
The TWT program allows you the freedom to choose the training and timeline that best suits your goals; there are no required courses.
As a TWT program participant, you create a Web-based portfolio showcasing your knowledge, skills, and achievements using technology for teaching. The portfolio is then reviewed by a committee within your academic unit. Once the portfolio is approved, The Graduate School or the Office of Human Resources awards the certificate. This portfolio is
very individualized and is a representation of the philosophy, knowledge,
accomplishments, and competencies of its creator.
Goals of the TWT
The goals for the Teaching with Technology program are to:
- Expand and validate the teaching with technology skills of graduate
- Increase technology-assisted innovative teaching strategies.
- Increase marketability of teaching assistants for professions in higher
education, business and the public sector.
Sponsors of the TWT
The Teaching With Technology certificate program at Penn
State is sponsored by
- Teaching and Learning with Technology, a unit of ITS@PennState
- Participating academic departments
- The Graduate School
- The Office of Human Resources
Learn more about the goals from the programs in these interviews with actual TWT coordinators and recipients.